Euromedia24 on Play Store Euromedia24 on App Sore
BNB

$870.47

BTC

$113082

ADA

$0.868816

ETH

$4608.63

SOL

$213.76

31 °

Yerevan

20 °

Moscow

45 °

Dubai

20 °

London

26 °

Beijing

23 °

Brussels

16 °

Rome

23 °

Madrid

BNB

$870.47

BTC

$113082

ADA

$0.868816

ETH

$4608.63

SOL

$213.76

31 °

Yerevan

20 °

Moscow

45 °

Dubai

20 °

London

26 °

Beijing

23 °

Brussels

16 °

Rome

23 °

Madrid

Death toll from device explosions in Lebanon rises to 37, injuries near 3,000


The death toll in explosions targeting pagers and handheld radios across Lebanon on Tuesday and Wednesday has risen to 37, whereas the injuries came at 2,931, Lebanese Health Minister Firas Abiad said on Thursday, Reuters reports. Tuesday's pager explosions killed 12 people, with 2,323 others injured, Abiad told a news conference. Meanwhile, the death toll in explosions of wireless communication devices across the country on Wednesday afternoon rose to 25, with injuries up to 608, Abiad said. Lebanon's Directorate General of Civil Aviation issued a circular on Thursday banning "all airlines operating at (Beirut) Rafic Hariri (International) Airport from transporting any pager or walkie-talkie device." The Permanent Mission of Lebanon to the United Nations stated in a letter to the UN Security Council that preliminary investigations by the Lebanese government found that the communication devices involved in the explosions had been implanted with explosives before arriving in the country. It was reported that someone triggered the detonations by sending electronic messages to these devices. The letter said that the attacks undermined diplomatic efforts aimed at calming the conflicts in the Gaza Strip and southern Lebanon. Ahead of an emergency meeting on Friday to discuss the explosions in Lebanon, the Lebanese side called on the Security Council to condemn the attacks. Lebanese Foreign Minister Abdallah Bou Habib is expected to attend the meeting. Tensions along the Lebanon-Israel border have been escalating since Oct. 8, 2023, when Hezbollah launched rockets at Israel in support of Hamas. Israel retaliated with artillery fire into southeastern Lebanon. The conflict resulted in hundreds of deaths in Lebanon, and Hezbollah claimed its attacks inflicted casualties in Israel. The recent explosions added a new layer to the ongoing 11-month clashes between Israel and Hezbollah, marked by deadly Israeli airstrikes and Hezbollah's attacks on northern Israel. Speaking to Israeli troops on Wednesday, Defense Minister Yoav Gallant said that Israel has entered a "new phase" in its conflict with Hezbollah. No Israeli officials, including Gallant, have claimed responsibility for the explosions, which Hezbollah attributed to Israel.

News

Artur Osipyan is taken to the court. a motion for detention was submitted. lawyer
Kamo Hayrapetyan calls on the citizens of Armenia to actively participate in the parliamentary elections
Any structure outside the church and competent church bodies, even endowed with state and political power, cannot "improve" church life. Mother See
However, Florentino Perez will have a rival in the presidential election of Real Madrid
Denmark's abdicated queen has been discharged from hospital
Eduard Spertsyan spoke about health problems
Zelensky spoke about the strengthening of relations with Georgia
Cuba's leader described the US order banning the sale of fuel to the island as a crime
WHO has recorded more than 130 deaths from Ebola
The US has spent more than 85 billion dollars on military operations in Iran
The United States will launch a nuclear-capable ballistic missile on May 20
Politico. The European Commission has not ruled out allocating tens of millions of euros to Greenland
Trump: Some countries have asked the US to delay the strikes on Iran for two or three days
Naval exercises with the participation of six NATO countries have begun in the Black Sea
The authorities suspect Aka, acting mayor of Vanadzor. "Publication"
Nikol Pashinyan was "shocked" to remove the 50. «Իրավունք»
Criminal police officers are on duty near the headquarters of opposition political forces in Ijevan. Square
"Right". Compromises will "explode"
Zero cooperation, zero responsibility, zero conscience. Armenian people are unimportant for this government. Fact:
"Publication". The list of servicemen has started in the armed forces

More News

...

Big accident in Aintap. There are those hospitalized

The 21-year-old driver knocked down the speedometer installed in the Aknalich settlement of the Yerevan-Armavir highway.

Stunt car accident. there is an injured person

A car was burnt in Azatan village

Car accident in Gegharkunik region. the driver was drunk

"Mercedes" collided with stones on the Yerevan-Gyumri road and ended up in a water pipe. there is an injured

"Lexus GX460" crashed into a concrete wall and a metal fence in Haykavan. The 21-year-old driver died in the hospital

Hackers installed specialized equipment in one of the houses of Karbi village and committed major thefts with special programs. Ministry of Internal Affairs

In Yerevan, a tree was uprooted and fell on cars

A car was burned in the parking lot of "Alaverdi" medical center

The administrative head of the Shenavan settlement hit the citizen's face and body parts with his hands and feet.

On the Yerevan-Yeraskh road, the car left the traffic lane and ended up upside down in the field. there is a casualty

Car accident in Gegharkunik region. There is a child among 4 wounded. everyone is a family member

Car accident on the Ijevan-Dilijan highway. The car ended up in the river

A 57-year-old driver ran over a 6-year-old girl with a BYD. doctors are fighting for the child's life

The car hit the wall. there is a casualty

"Volkwagen ID4" and "BMW" collided in Yerevan

Car accident on the Martuni-Gavar highway. there are casualties

A tragic incident in Yerevan, the half-ashed body of an Indian boy was found

A case of mysterious death in Yerevan