Euromedia24 on Play Store Euromedia24 on App Sore
BNB

$870.47

BTC

$113082

ADA

$0.868816

ETH

$4608.63

SOL

$213.76

31 °

Yerevan

20 °

Moscow

45 °

Dubai

20 °

London

26 °

Beijing

23 °

Brussels

16 °

Rome

23 °

Madrid

BNB

$870.47

BTC

$113082

ADA

$0.868816

ETH

$4608.63

SOL

$213.76

31 °

Yerevan

20 °

Moscow

45 °

Dubai

20 °

London

26 °

Beijing

23 °

Brussels

16 °

Rome

23 °

Madrid

Rebel offensive in Syria: Assad's army suffers losses, Russian aircraft bomb Aleppo

BBC - The Syrian army says it is suffering heavy casualties in clashes with rebels who have reportedly already captured parts of territory controlled by the Syrian military and hold most areas of Aleppo. In the first official statement from the Syrian army since the start of the rebel offensive, released on Saturday, it said dozens of Syrian troops were killed in clashes in northwestern Syria.

According to sources, the onslaught of opposition forces is so great that in some places the pro-government army is forced to retreat without resistance. “The large number of terrorists and the multiple fronts prompted our armed forces to carry out redeployment operations aimed at strengthening defense lines to repel the attack, save civilian lives and soldiers and prepare for a counterattack,” the army command said in a statement.

More than 300 people, including 20 civilians, have been killed since the rebel offensive began last Wednesday, according to the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR). This is the first time since 2016 that Russian aircraft are supporting Bashar al-Assad's pro-government forces from the air. According to eyewitnesses, air raids on parts of Aleppo continued throughout the night from Friday to Saturday.

Aleppo airport and roads to the city are blocked, a Syrian army source told Reuters. According to SOHR, rebels were capturing entire areas of Aleppo without encountering resistance. A spokesman for the organization told the BBC that the city council buildings, police stations and intelligence offices were empty. “This has never happened before,” a SOHR spokesman said. This is the first rebel offensive against the Syrian regime since 2016.

After four years of civil war, in 2020, they were driven back by Assad's army outside the territories controlled by government forces. Since then, the rebels have firmly established themselves in Idlib near Aleppo and in areas north of the city, near the border with Turkey. Last Wednesday, opposition fighters led by the Islamist militant group Hayat Tahrir al-Sham (banned in Russia as a terrorist organization) began moving towards Aleppo and reached the city by Friday.

Russian participation

Syrian Civil Defense, a rescue service operating in opposition-controlled parts of Syria, said on Platform X (formerly Twitter) that Syrian and Russian aircraft carried out airstrikes on residential areas, a gas station and a school in rebel-held Idlib.

As a result of the bombing, according to rescuers, four people were killed and six were injured. Russia, which sent its air force to Syria in 2015 to support Bashar al-Assad in the civil war, is now promising additional military assistance to Damascus, which, according to Syrian military sources, will begin arrive within the next 72 hours.

The day before, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Moscow regards the rebel attack as a violation of Syrian sovereignty. “We are for the Syrian authorities to restore order in their country and restore constitutional order as soon as possible,” he said.

News

Tehran will not give up peaceful nuclear development. Pezeshkian
The EU mission in Armenia has a new head
The negotiations between Russia, Ukraine and the USA have ended in Geneva. they will continue tomorrow
Visual noise in the interior. the art of interior design (video)
Israel's recognition of Somaliland may lead to new hostilities. Erdogan
Cruelty: Saint Mikael looks at the Church of the Seven Wounds, but he cannot celebrate mass there (video)
Firefighters extinguished the fire that broke out in the Akor settlement
Mobile service offices of the Ministry of Internal Affairs will provide services in Vayots Dzor and Gegharkunik marzes
Car Crash Shootings, Car Mirror Thefts: Crime News (Video)
The world is at a crucial turning point. war, diplomacy and new poles (video)
Ruben Vardanyan will spend the next 10 years under a strict regime
Global instability, Ukraine and power games: the investigator in Serzh Sargsyan's case is the prosecutor (video)
Except the Turk, everyone is your enemy? Arman Abovyan
Khamenei said that the range and type of Iranian missiles do not concern the US
Germany and France have called on the European Commission to simplify financial laws
Zelensky stated that the situation after Russia's retaliatory strike is difficult
Drone strikes in Sudan kill more than 50 people in just a few days
Poland will not send its soldiers to the Gaza Strip
Iran's Ministry of Foreign Affairs has announced how long the Iran-US negotiations may last
Beirut taxi drivers have blocked the streets due to rising petrol prices