Euromedia24 on Play Store Euromedia24 on App Sore
BNB

$870.47

BTC

$113082

ADA

$0.868816

ETH

$4608.63

SOL

$213.76

31 °

Yerevan

20 °

Moscow

45 °

Dubai

20 °

London

26 °

Beijing

23 °

Brussels

16 °

Rome

23 °

Madrid

BNB

$870.47

BTC

$113082

ADA

$0.868816

ETH

$4608.63

SOL

$213.76

31 °

Yerevan

20 °

Moscow

45 °

Dubai

20 °

London

26 °

Beijing

23 °

Brussels

16 °

Rome

23 °

Madrid

The Discord platform has suspended live streams following the death of a 13-year-old girl



The Discord platform has temporarily suspended live streaming functionality in Brazil after authorities criticized the company for not adequately protecting children and teenagers. This decision was made after the incident with the 13-year-old girl. other users reportedly encouraged him to commit suicide during the live broadcast, reports CBS News.

The decision comes after Brazil's National Data Protection Authority requested the suspension of live broadcasts last week. Discord said the company is negotiating with authorities to find a solution that will allow users in the country to restore the feature.

"We remain committed to working with Brazilian government officials to make the online environment, both on Discord and in general, safer for all users," the company said.

According to Brazilian authorities, in July in the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, a teenage girl was influenced by other users to commit suicide during a live broadcast. Five teenagers have been arrested in connection with his death.

Brazil's First Lady Rosangela Lula da Silva (known as Janja) called for a complete ban on Discord in the country on August 6. "I cannot tolerate a 13-year-old girl self-harming, hanging herself and dying on the Internet, live on Discord," he said.

Brazil's National Data Protection Authority has stated that live broadcasts on the platform have been repeatedly used to promote violence, bullying, as well as content promoting self-harm and suicide. In the department's assessment, Discord did not take sufficient measures to prevent children and teenagers from accessing similar content that poses a serious threat to their safety.

Meanwhile, Discord has denied the claim that the girl's death was broadcast live. The company said it had investigated the activity of a private server where users with links to criminal elements allegedly incited people to self-harm and shut it down before the girl's death.

According to SaferNet Brazil, an organization that protects human rights on the Internet, between January and July, the number of complaints about Discord in Brazil increased by 54% (compared to the same period last year). The president of the organization, Thiago Tavares, stated that the death of the 13-year-old girl "is not an isolated case", but the consequence of the problem that the organization has been reporting for several years.

However, representatives of the technology sector criticized the authorities' decision. According to Thiago Ayoub, director of technology at Sage Networks, blocking the feature could lead to criminal users of the platform simply moving to other services where it would be more difficult to monitor their activities.

The incident in Brazil has become part of a wider debate about the safety of children online. Earlier, the country adopted a law strengthening the protection of minors. Users under the age of 16 must link their social media accounts to the account of a legal representative, and digital platforms must implement effective age verification systems.

Other countries are taking similar measures. Australia became the first to ban children under 16 from using social media in December 2025. Great Britain announced plans to introduce similar restrictions. with Prime Minister Keir Starmer proposing to extend them to include live streaming features and children's contact with strangers.

On the same day, Philippine authorities reported another incident involving the broadcasting of violence on the Internet. According to authorities, a ninth-grader at a private Catholic school in Zamboanga City live-streamed an attack on a classmate, killed him, and then committed suicide.

Philippine Interior Minister Victor Remulya confirmed that the alleged attacker broadcast the incident on social media. His Facebook page was later blocked.


News

"A bang was heard, someone was saying help-help". details from the tragic incident in Nor Hachn (video)
Important
"The task of "reforming" the Church appears in the hands of disorganized people. Hovhannes abegha
The Chairman of the Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation announced that Russians who "left the country and betrayed" should be deprived of the right to vote in the elections.
The Discord platform has suspended live streams following the death of a 13-year-old girl
OpenAI has launched ChatGPT, a teen mode with restrictions and parental controls
"Close the NPP, we will provide electricity". What is hidden behind Aliyev's proposal (video)
Alen Simonyan advised the opposition "not to buzz"
Andranik Tevanyan and Aregnaz Manukyan were transferred from the Investigation Department to the Penitentiary
Important
As a result of the excavations of the Tallinn inn, the first remarkable finds were recorded
Through Interpol, Azerbaijan announced an international search for 3 Russian citizens for "terrorist calls".
The visit of American negotiators to Russia is not a visit of friends from Kaluga to Moscow. With Ushakov
Important
The Strait of Hormuz will be closed until the US fulfills the terms of the US-Iran memorandum. Ghalibaf
Eight climbers are missing on Elbrus
Traffic will be diverted from the Tbilisi Highway to the Bypass Tunnel
Lebanon will hand over its former army general to Syria for the first time since the overthrow of Assad
Three persons were charged in the case of expropriation of the communal land in Abovyan
The tragic incident took place in the polyclinic under renovation in Nor Hachn. the dead were 41 and 37 years old
North Korea is preparing to send a significant number of soldiers to Russia
Was it fair when Pashinyan targeted Vazgen Sargsyan? question to Gagik Melkonyan
Former Barcelona midfielder Sergio Busquets has returned to the club in a new capacity

More News

...

The Chairman of the Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation announced that Russians who "left the country and betrayed" should be deprived of the right to vote in the elections.

OpenAI has launched ChatGPT, a teen mode with restrictions and parental controls

Through Interpol, Azerbaijan announced an international search for 3 Russian citizens for "terrorist calls".

The visit of American negotiators to Russia is not a visit of friends from Kaluga to Moscow. With Ushakov

The Strait of Hormuz will be closed until the US fulfills the terms of the US-Iran memorandum. Ghalibaf

Eight climbers are missing on Elbrus

Lebanon will hand over its former army general to Syria for the first time since the overthrow of Assad

North Korea is preparing to send a significant number of soldiers to Russia

A complaint was submitted to the Japanese ambassador due to the anti-Russian statements of the leadership of that country

Russia hit Kharkiv. there are victims

The death toll from a powerful earthquake in Indonesia has risen

A drone has hit a warehouse of Wildberries

Lavrov. Japan "crossed the line of decency", the ambassador was called to the Foreign Ministry, but he did not come

The flight from Gyumri to Moscow was delayed due to a large-scale drone attack on the Russian capital

The pen of Singapore's first prime minister has sold for an unbelievable price

The tourist was killed by lightning

Azerbaijan announces the search for 3 Russian political commentators

Instagram and Facebook could be fundamentally changed if Meta loses the lawsuit

The chief human rights defender of the United Nations has warned of the danger of a large-scale war in Yemen

Ukraine was left without Patriot anti-missile systems. CNN: