Euromedia24 on Play Store Euromedia24 on App Sore
BNB

$870.47

BTC

$113082

ADA

$0.868816

ETH

$4608.63

SOL

$213.76

31 °

Yerevan

20 °

Moscow

45 °

Dubai

20 °

London

26 °

Beijing

23 °

Brussels

16 °

Rome

23 °

Madrid

BNB

$870.47

BTC

$113082

ADA

$0.868816

ETH

$4608.63

SOL

$213.76

31 °

Yerevan

20 °

Moscow

45 °

Dubai

20 °

London

26 °

Beijing

23 °

Brussels

16 °

Rome

23 °

Madrid

Yemen’s Houthis claim responsibility for fatal Tel Aviv drone attack


Yemen’s Houthi rebels have claimed responsibility for a drone explosion over central Tel Aviv in the early hours of Friday that struck buildings, leaving one person dead, The Guardian reports. The Israeli military said it believed the drone was Iranian-made and launched from Yemen. “An initial inquiry indicates that the explosion in Tel Aviv was caused by the falling of an aerial target, and no sirens were activated. The incident is under thorough review,” the military said in a statement. It said air patrols had been increased to protect Israeli airspace but it had not ordered new civil defence measures. Defence minister, Yoav Gallant, vowed to “settle the score,” in response to the attack, according to Israeli army radio. His remarks followed a meeting with top military and intelligence officials to assess the incident, which left 10 wounded in addition to one dead. The Houthis claimed responsibility, saying their “UAV [unmanned aerial vehicle] force” attacked “one of the important targets in the occupied Jaffa region, what is now called Israeli Tel Aviv”. Earlier this month, Israeli forces said they detected a suspected Houthi drone heading towards the Red Sea port of Eilat, which they shot down using a fighter jet. The Iran-backed group has also launched waves of maritime attacks targeting shipping through the Red Sea and the Gulf of Aden, causing major disruption and a precipitous drop in business at the port of Eilat. The Houthis have said they launched the attacks in response to Israeli attacks on Gaza, which have so far killed more than 38,000 people since the 7 October Hamas attack on Israel. The drone attack shook residents of Tel Aviv, undermining a fragile sense of security as Israelis in the north close to the border with Lebanon increasingly fear incursions by drones or rockets sent by Hezbollah, while communities close to the border with Gaza remain on high alert for sporadic rocket fire. Footage from the site in Tel Aviv showed broken glass strewn across the city pavements as crowds of onlookers gathered near a building bearing blast marks. The site, close to a US embassy annexe in Tel Aviv, was sealed off by police tape. Emergency services said the explosion took place at about 3.15am local time, striking a building in the centre of the city. “The blast apparently occurred at some altitude,” the Tel Aviv police district commander, Peretz Amar, told the Israeli outlet Haaretz from the scene. “We still do not know what it was. Right now we are clearing the area. There was a lucky escape here.” Police found a body bearing injuries caused by shrapnel in the building, which is located on the corner of Ben-Yehuda Avenue and Shalom-Aleichem Street, a spokesperson said.

News

There is no forgiveness for such scoundrels. Medvedev
Zakharova: Russia considers the allegations about the Metsamor NPP threat as an attempt to create a split in relations with Yerevan
"The campaign against the Metsamor nuclear power plant has a divisive purpose." Zakharova
The US-Iran conflict between an endless war and the danger of a new escalation. Shahnazaryan's comment
Netanyahu's office calls Erdogan an "anti-Semitic dictator"
"Arsenal" will not defend the championship title, but will win it again. BBC:
Iran has opened the Strait of Hormuz to Iraq, lifting restrictions on the passage of ships
What are the exchange rates set today?
The US has imposed a 50% tariff on a number of Canadian products
The head of the Azerbaijani community in Russia was arrested in the case of bribery
"Blessed is the nation whose helper is the Lord God." Garegin B's message of thanks
Ukrainian drones hit the logistics center of "Ozon".
The government, which handed over billions in armaments, talks about the quality of fuel and bullets. Abrahamyan
"Publication". A free event under the guise of a paid one
The final composition of the RA Government should be formed by September 3. they are waiting for re-appointments in the government cabinet. "People"
"Publication". What was the reason for the ambassador's recall, who will replace him?
"Publication". Who dug under the feet of "Strong Armenia" candidates?
"Publication". The court rejected Vahe Hakobyan's claim
CP is withdrawing. the government is going to ensure the election of the presidents of the two commissions of "Strong Armenia". "People"
Good news for unsuccessful applicants: what needs to be done before august 24

More News

...

Big hevdeh in Yerevan. What is popular?

Emergency situation on Kurghinyan street in Yerevan. Details:

Is there no law, what business does a soldier have to run at 9 o'clock? Neighbors of the soldier who died in the accident are in shock (video)

"He was crying, screaming, he was in a serious condition." The driver who ran over the soldiers is from the village of Vahan, the father of 3 minor children

The names of the soldiers who were hit in Chambarak are known. the driver did not have the right to drive

The health condition of Garik Martirosyan's mother, one of those who died as a result of the fall of the lifting crane in Nor Hachn, has deteriorated sharply.

Fatal collision in Kotayk. A 23-year-old driver ran over a 38-year-old pedestrian with a Volkswagen

The rector of Shirak State University ran over a pedestrian in Gyumri

"A bang was heard, someone was saying help-help". details from the tragic incident in Nor Hachn (video)

The tragic incident took place in the polyclinic under renovation in Nor Hachn. the dead were 41 and 37 years old

The soldier who died from a gunshot wound was from Yerevan, he lived with his mother

The truck crane broke off and fell in Nor Hachen. there are victims and wounded. Ministry of Internal Affairs

Tragic incident at "Garegin Nzhdeh" station

Flooded basements, broken trees, bent power poles. what is the situation in Gyumri?

Broken branches, bent power poles and flooded basements. There is an emergency situation in Gyumri

Big accident in Ararat Marz. 2 out of 5 injured are foreigners

In the village of Jararat, an electric wire broke and fell on the roof of the Yerevan-Gyumri train car. a fire broke out

Theft from the "Fabrica" ​​restaurant in Yerevan. the identity of the suspect is known

After a party in Vanadzor, 6 people were hospitalized with intestinal infection

Emergency situation in Sevan. Details: